Something I am particularly proud of is that it hasn’t even occurred to me to pack it in until the New Year. I have read a couple of blogs lately that warn against becoming complacent over the coming weeks and of mistakenly resolving oneself to just get back on the health bandwagon come January first. I am so pleased to realize that these posts don’t really apply to me.
What I mean is that they are relevant in the sense that I get something out of reading them, but the concerns that underlie their writing do not affect me. I am not, nor will I become over the next twenty-one days, one of the people who packs it in and decides to recommit come 2010.
No! I am dedicated now! I am already four months into my ‘new year’ and I refuse to let neither the call of holiday treats, nor the temptation to let busyness dictate my workout schedule, deter me from continuing to see the progress which I have earned thus far!
There is no way I am going to give in or take a break just because it is December. I wouldn’t choose to be a kind person only eleven months out of twelve. When I have a child, I won’t decide to give up being a mother for a little less than a tenth of the year. There is no way I would ever opt to honour my wedding vows for only 330 days or so of the 365. So why would I ever even consider dropping my commitment to my health for a few weeks?
My resolution comes from within, not from the promise of a new calendar.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 8 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 Mandarin orange
- 1 small bite of a homemade cheese crisp
- 1 light peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread
- 1/4 banana
- 1 glass of a strawberry breakfast replacement drink
- 2 shortcake biscuits
- 1 glass of peach juice
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with roast chicken, grated cheese, lettuce, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1 pear
- 1 hour and 20 minutes of walking completed in 2 outings (15 minutes long and 1 hour and 5 minutes long)