Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lady Luck

I am so ecstatic to see how far I have come since mid-August when I began this pilgrimage to a better me. When I look at what I weigh today I know that I have lost almost 24% of my body weight since starting this blog, less than four months ago, and over 27% from my highest weight of 266 pounds.

Because I have kept track of what I weighed when each progress picture was taken, I know that I had a:

5.81% loss from August 12 to September 5
6.67% loss from September 5 to October 3
8.22% loss from October 3 to November 7
5.65% loss from November 7 to December 5

I find it reassuring to look at the percentages in this manner, because it helps show me that I am still in the same range now as I was at the start of this journey. If, for example I were to lose ten pounds between now and my next progress picture, I know that is still over a 5% drop from my current weight, even though at my highest weight that amount of lost pounds would have represented less than 4%. The lower my weight gets the more I need to alter my expectations of what is possible to lose. I am not saying I will cease working as hard as I have been, nor that I will not be thrilled if I continue to see the higher drops, but I do think that it is good for me to do a bit of a reality check with this. The same goes for how quickly or slowly I will continue to drop inches, although I haven’t done any number crunching for that.

I have been so lucky to have had relatively impressive weigh-ins up to this point. A big part of that is due to my current overall circumstances in life. I have an enormous amount of free time right now, a pretty positive outlook most days, and a fabulously supportive husband whose endless faith in and love for me leaves me speechless on a regular basis. On top of all those ideal factors, I also believe that my commitment to this is at an all time high and that each and every victory I have experienced along this path to a healthier version of myself has spurred me on with even greater determination. I have health and happiness on my side and opportunities in my corner of the world which others may not. I am blessed with friends, family, and the relationships which I have discovered online, in this blogging community. If I wasn’t working arduously at this, with just about every single element in my life being perfectly tuned to allow for my success, then I would have to call myself the most hopeless person on Earth. Fortunately, I do recognize exactly what a great chance I have right now and I am taking full advantage of it!

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water throughout the day
- 2 egg wrap on a soft tortilla shell with grated cheese and orange pepper
- 1 banana
- 1 mug of gingerbread steamed skim milk
- 4 cups low fat popcorn
- 1 Mandarin orange
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with sliced deli chicken, grated cheese, lettuce, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 3/4 cup fat free peach yogurt with 1 cup Life Multigrains cereal

EXERCISE:
- 5K race completed in 37:59

7 comments:

  1. You are doing so well and are such a huge inspiration! Keep up the good work, it sure sounds like you've found what's going to work long-term.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fantastic results...I can see by looking at your photo's the weight lost, but having it all written down like that is very impressive...keep cooking the fat girl...you going to be so darn sexy at the end of this journey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it's so important to count your blessings and take stock of where you are.

    Pretty damned impressive measuring and number crunching...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I didn't realize that you only started this blog in the summer. That's impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an uplifting & positive post! I love it & all you have done!!! I love that you make yourself accountable by keeping track & that you have reality checks in order too!

    Such great stuff you have done! And yes, the bloggers online are so helpful & inspirational! And lucky you with a great hubby! I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am one lucky woman, I tell ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey home girl! Thank you so much for my award. The timing of when I discovered it was almost magical! I will display it proudly!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker