My panic attack over injuring my heel earlier has now passed. My freak out was unwarranted and I know it, but I was honestly terrified that I would end up being too hurt to workout and, thus, would experience a halting in my progress (or worse yet a backslide). I guess I need to examine why I was so scared, but I think it mostly just boils down to not wanting to lose motivation or slip into poor habits due to an injury.
I really am hurt, although it is significantly less painful than when I first smashed my foot. I am still limping pretty badly, but at least I can put weight onto it now. I was so worried I had broken or chipped a bone, but – barring any serious issues come morning – I think it was simply a really bad blunt trauma. It’s still swollen and the bruise I have is nasty; when my husband looked at it a short while ago I think he suddenly realized just how hard I must have hit it.
I suspect I will have to take it easy for the next day or so, and I will definitely be staying off my feet as much as my body tells me to. The last thing I want to do is hurt myself more by pushing too soon. I already looked up a bunch of alternative exercises online and did them today after the accident. I am hoping that having to stop doing most of my normal routines will not have too much of a negative impact in the short term provided I can supplement my activity level with new exercises.
Anyhow, it’s time for everyone participating to check in for the Looking To The Future Christmas Challenge. I hope people are still on track with their health goals despite the holidays looming ever closer by the day. Every person who is taking part just has to leave a comment on this post for another chance to be entered in the prize draw. Less than two weeks to go – let’s keep at it!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 12 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with roast chicken, grated cheese, lettuce, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 3 cups Caesar salad with fat free dressing, dried cranberries, and croutons
- 3 hard boiled eggs with fat free Miracle Whip
- 4 cups light popcorn
- 1 Mandarin orange
- 20 minutes of an exercise video
- 2 sets of 5 minutes of weight lifting with 5 lbs per arm while laying down
- 3 sets of 2 minutes of weight lifting with 10 lbs per arm while laying down
- 4 sets of 50 stomach crunches (2 straight, 1 right, and 1 left)
- 20 minutes of chair aerobics (3 short online videos)
- 2 sets of 10 knee push ups
- 2 sets of 10 back extensions
- 2 sets of 15 bent leg donkey kicks for each leg