Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hectic But Happy

So, I utterly flopped in the exercise department today! I really should have known better than to leave it until the end of the day; I knew I would be busy and should have taken care of it in the morning before I got swept away in other stuff.

Food was good though, despite the fact that I was baking during every spare moment I had. I only had a single bite of gingerbread, so I am at least feeling good about that. Oh! One other thing I am happy with is that my apron strings went all the way around me so that I was able to tie them in the front! I don’t even remember the last time I was able to do that!

We got our Christmas tree this evening too, although it will likely sit undecorated for another day or two. Free time seems to be getting more and more scarce these days. My mood is still up – though my feet are angry at me for not giving them a break – so I would call today a success regardless of the lack of workout. I must remember to get active first thing after getting up…

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 2 egg wrap on a soft tortilla shell with grated cheese and mushrooms
- 1 bite of gingerbread
- 1 roasted chicken drumstick, skin removed
- 1/4 cup steamed potatoes
- 1/4 cup corn with margarine
- 1/2 cup steamed broccoli with margarine
- 1/2 pear
- 3 cups Caesar salad with fat free dressing, dried cranberries, and croutons

EXERCISE:
- 50 stomach crunches

5 comments:

  1. How cool that the apron strings wrap & wrap!!! Congrats!!! Progress in the visual sense for sure!!!

    I always do my exercise first thing (well for me, it is crazy hours but before there were 24 hour gyms, I still liked morn best). Getting it done first thing allows for nothing later in the day to stop me like errands or being too tired or all that crazy stuff that ends up piling up at the end of the day. This is just me plus I prefer morn workouts.

    PS: Congrats on the gingerbread too. I LOVE that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a line to let you know that I made out a cheque for $100 to the local food bank yesterday.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the apron strings. That feeling is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that apron strings comment! That's amazing. Congrats on coming so far and still having the strength to keep going! I'm just starting my own weight loss journey and I hope that I can be successful as well. If you are interested, my blog is www.sarinat90.blogspot.com and maybe we can encourage each other! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved that the apron strings went all the way around!!! Barb, thank you SO much for doing that! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your generosity!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker