I had a chance to relax a tiny bit for a change today. More accurately, I made myself just sit for a moment because the last couple of days have been so unusual that I wanted to give my brain and body a second to reboot. It was nice to lounge around for a short while before I had to start working on editing a manuscript for a friend. I never really seem to have more than a few minutes of down time…
My eating trend continued to be peculiar this evening until I realized what the problem was. I found myself returning to the kitchen again and again – sometimes grabbing something to munch on and sometimes not – feeling like I could eat anything in sight. I couldn’t figure it out until I realized that what I really wanted was something sweet, but I did not have anything that fit the bill in the house. It was definitely a case of overcompensating with somewhat healthier options to avoid the sweet treat, so I decided to indulge in what I actually wanted to stop the calorie count from continuing to climb with filler foods.
So my darling hubby went and bought me what I was craving: a box of lemon cream cookies. I had four out of the package and haven’t had anything else to eat since. I may have had two helpings of sugary, fat-laden cookies, but I would rather that and be satisfied then continue to graze on things that are not going to allow me to move past a craving.
I will send the remaining treats out of the house in the morning and I already feel confident that my eating will be back on track tomorrow. In my opinion, sometimes – as long as I'm careful to really analyze the pros and cons and make sure that I am not creating bad habits – it really pays off to make these types of compromises.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water
- 1 banana
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with ham, spicy cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1 golden delicious apple with cinnamon
- 5 cups low fat butter flavoured popcorn
- 4 slices of a French baguette with margarine
- 3 1/2 cups spinach salad with cubed cheese, croutons, dried cranberries, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 1 pan-fried banana and light peanut butter wrap on a soft tortilla shell
- 1 mug chai tea with honey and milk
- 4 lemon cream cookies
- 35 minutes of the C25K program (Day 3 of Week 6)