My father-in-law is just fine and his operation went off without a hitch, so thank you so much to everyone who sent good thoughts our way throughout the day!
I have written before about how I was one of the (mostly) fortunate few who never took much stock of their weight throughout high school. A big barrier for me on this journey was getting below the 181 pound mark since that is the point – during, I believe, grade 11 or 12 – at which I realized I was overweight. I have also mentioned that the only other number that I can specifically recall, back when I was probably fourteen or so, when thinking back to my teenage years is the equally unhealthy underweight total of 109 pounds. I have absolutely no memory of ever being a normal weight.
This morning I stepped up on that scale and quickly realized that I had crossed over that barrier from overweight to normal. My body mass index reading, while still right on the border, is officially normal.
Normal, NORMAL, NORMAL!!!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water
- 1 pan-fried banana and light peanut butter wrap on a soft tortilla shell
- 9 pieces of shrimp combo sushi rolls with soy sauce
- 4 cups Caesar salad with croutons, Parmesan cheese, and low fat dressing
- 1/2 piece of garlic bread
- 1 golden delicious apple
- 1 mug of coconut steamed skim milk
- 2 1/2 cups mixed salad with romaine lettuce, cubed cheese, croutons, dried cranberries, tomato, orange pepper, mushroom, grated carrot, green onion, celery, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 1 hour Belly Dancing For Fitness class