Today I started on Week 5 of the C25K. This is the first of two podcasts that give different instructions for each of the three days. The next session will be similar, but with alternative directions specific to Week 6. At the end of both this set and the next there is only a single run consisting of twenty and twenty-five minutes respectively. Then the final three rounds (consisting of nine days in total) are all composed of just non-stop jogs.
I am definitely getting to a point where the program is feeling a bit more intimidating! The intervals have been great for breaking down the mental barriers about running because I always feel like there is a walk coming up that I can look forward to. Soon that won’t be the case and I have to admit that my confidence is not overly high about what’s to come. I hope I can do it.
Tomorrow is going to be a bit of a long day. My father-in-law is going in for surgery on his arm in the morning and my man and I will be spending most of the day with my mother-in-law while her husband is having the operation and in recovery. I don’t think that there is much to worry about, but I certainly won’t turn down any offers to send positive thoughts his way! Needless to say, I won’t be posting anything during my normal earlier time, but I will be back with an entry in the evening as usual.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water
- 1 banana
- 1/2 hot dog on a white bun with relish and mustard
- 1 golden delicious apple
- 3 cups mixed salad with romaine lettuce, cubed cheese, croutons, dried cranberries, tomato, orange pepper, mushroom, grated carrot, green onion, celery, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 1 homemade chocolate and peanut butter granola bar
- 3 cups low fat butter flavoured popcorn
- 2 cups grapes
- 3 cups celery with light peanut butter
- 3/4 cup dried pineapple, papaya, and mango
- 15 minute walk
- 30 minutes of the C25K program (Day 1 of Week 5)