I was catching up on my online reading tonight when I came across a link for a Blogger Run Day. It peaked my interest enough that I followed it over to My Journey To Fit where Shelley has come up with the amazing idea to have a day where bloggers are celebrated for committing to do a run on March 7th. That’s today!
For some strange reason, I had already been contemplating going out for a random late night jog, but when I saw Shelley’s great idea I just knew that I had to turn those thoughts into action! I bundled up, pulled on my runners, and was out the door before my more rational side had a chance to convince me otherwise.
I ran for thirty-five minutes straight! To the best of my knowledge, I have never run for that long in my whole life! Initially I was going to go for thirty minutes because I have done that once before and was pretty confident that I could manage a repeat performance, but I really wanted to hit the 5K mark and I didn’t think that I would be able to in that amount of time. So I added on the extra five minutes to ensure that my snail’s pace wouldn’t result in me falling short of my goal. When I was done, I had my husband drive the car along the route I had taken to check what the exact distance was and it totaled 5.2K so I am glad I accounted for the probability of needing that extra time. I am so proud! I ran five kilometers non-stop!!!
Just one last note… I know that I am posting this at the end of my Saturday (I am always up so late), but I did do the run after midnight so it was on the correct day. I am, however, writing it down as exercise for March 6th to keep my records simple, regardless of the fact that I participated very early on Sunday, March 7th.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 11 glasses of water
- 1/2 nectarine
- 3 cups spinach salad with cubed cheese, croutons, dried cranberries, yellow pepper, mushrooms, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 1/2 coconut macaroon cookie with chocolate icing
- 1/2 shortbread cookie with lemon icing
- 1 golden delicious apple with cinnamon
- 2 cups steamed asparagus with margarine
- 1 pan-fried banana and light peanut butter wrap on a soft tortilla shell
- 3/4 cup fat free peach yogurt with 1 cup cranberry almond cereal
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 5 cups low fat butter flavoured popcorn
- 3 1/2 cups yellow pepper, broccoli, and cauliflower with calorie-wise three cheese ranch dressing
- 30 minutes of walking completed in 2 outings (both 15 minutes long)
- 35 minute jog, plus a 5 minute warm up walk and a 5 minute cool down walk