Sunday, March 7, 2010

Impulsive Much?

I was catching up on my online reading tonight when I came across a link for a Blogger Run Day. It peaked my interest enough that I followed it over to My Journey To Fit where Shelley has come up with the amazing idea to have a day where bloggers are celebrated for committing to do a run on March 7th. That’s today!

For some strange reason, I had already been contemplating going out for a random late night jog, but when I saw Shelley’s great idea I just knew that I had to turn those thoughts into action! I bundled up, pulled on my runners, and was out the door before my more rational side had a chance to convince me otherwise.

I ran for thirty-five minutes straight! To the best of my knowledge, I have never run for that long in my whole life! Initially I was going to go for thirty minutes because I have done that once before and was pretty confident that I could manage a repeat performance, but I really wanted to hit the 5K mark and I didn’t think that I would be able to in that amount of time. So I added on the extra five minutes to ensure that my snail’s pace wouldn’t result in me falling short of my goal. When I was done, I had my husband drive the car along the route I had taken to check what the exact distance was and it totaled 5.2K so I am glad I accounted for the probability of needing that extra time. I am so proud! I ran five kilometers non-stop!!!

Just one last note… I know that I am posting this at the end of my Saturday (I am always up so late), but I did do the run after midnight so it was on the correct day. I am, however, writing it down as exercise for March 6th to keep my records simple, regardless of the fact that I participated very early on Sunday, March 7th.

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 11 glasses of water
- 1/2 nectarine
- 3 cups spinach salad with cubed cheese, croutons, dried cranberries, yellow pepper, mushrooms, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 1/2 coconut macaroon cookie with chocolate icing
- 1/2 shortbread cookie with lemon icing
- 1 golden delicious apple with cinnamon
- 2 cups steamed asparagus with margarine
- 1 pan-fried banana and light peanut butter wrap on a soft tortilla shell
- 3/4 cup fat free peach yogurt with 1 cup cranberry almond cereal
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, cheese, dried cranberries, spinach, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 5 cups low fat butter flavoured popcorn
- 3 1/2 cups yellow pepper, broccoli, and cauliflower with calorie-wise three cheese ranch dressing

EXERCISE:
- 30 minutes of walking completed in 2 outings (both 15 minutes long)
- 35 minute jog, plus a 5 minute warm up walk and a 5 minute cool down walk

9 comments:

  1. What an awesome victory!!! Congrats on the motoring!

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! I love your husband for tracking the route for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on your first 5km!!! There is a website that you can track and map your runs on so your husband doesn't have to drive your route! I used to do the same thing!! Here is the link:

    www.myfastfeet.com

    it is a great website!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is totally awesome, and I am beyond impressed! And inspired, I will definitely be lacing up my own running shoes this evening for a run as soon as my husband gets home to watch the boys! Thanks for the extra momentum.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not even know about this yet today is my outside jog day & the rain stopped & let me run so I did my normal Sunday jog! The mountains were beautiful too! How exciting that I was part of this & did not know.

    266 - YOU GO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you did this - it was fun to read your comments this morning BEFORE I left for my 5K - your enthusiasm ramped up mine, so THANK YOU!!! Congratulations on running 5.2K - what an awesome thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous!! And what a great idea from fit to the finish. :)

    MORE RUNNING!!! I need to get back into it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad I did it!

    Thanks for the tip, Lisa!

    And thank you so much, Shelley, for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker