I realized today that I forgot to mention that I have signed up for a Belly Dancing For Fitness class. I am still someone who generally prefers to not have their workouts become reliant on gyms, scheduled courses, or trainers / exercise buddies, but I am actually really looking forward to this. It is something that I have long thought about taking and when a friend expressed interest I jumped all over it. Unfortunately, she is now unable to make any of the classes work with her schedule so I am flying solo, yet I am still pleased that thinking we could do it together at first gave me the push I needed to find a program that would work for me. The bonus is that this particular class is a lot cheaper than any of the other courses I have seen offered! It starts next week so I am sure I will be writing about it once I have attended the first session. It should be fun!
I also got to get a few dance moves in tonight! I went to a concert that one of my gal pals scored free tickets to and had a great time out with a group of friends. Of course, it was impossible to stay in my seat a few times when the songs I love started up, so I’m sure I burned a few extra calories this evening as I grooved away while the music played. Another bonus: I dressed for the concert in a shirt that I haven’t been able to get into for over five years!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 7 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup sauteed and seasoned mushrooms
- 3 ounces of a rare steak
- 3/4 cup fat free peach yogurt with 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 6 inch sub on a whole wheat bun with ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise
- 1 mug of gingerbread steamed soy milk
- 2 Melba toast crackers
- 2 cups Caesar salad with croutons, pomegranate arils, and fat free dressing
- 1 hour and 50 minutes of walking completed in 2 outings ( 40 minutes long and 1 hour and 10 minutes long)
- 25 minute workout video