I received an email today with my very first offer to try a service for free. I was so touched! I know that it is basically just a great way for companies to get their names out there with free advertising via blogs, but it still meant something that I was deemed worthy to have such a proposition put forth to me.
I did decline. I looked on the website and got a good sense of what they were asking me to take part in before I made my decision. The particular online product which was being offered to me in the trial just didn’t feel like it was a good fit for me. It was not something that I would naturally gravitate towards and I didn’t think that I would be able to give a fair assessment of a service that did not genuinely draw my interest. The email they sent really was very nice though and it was a great feeling to be given that little bit of recognition.
Of course, I’m not a fool… If offers start coming in for me to try out new running shoes or workout clothes for free, chances are my poor readers will have to sit through a review or two!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup fat free lemon chiffon yogurt with 1 cup Vector cereal
- 1 mug coconut steamed skim milk
- 3 tortilla chips with spinach, artichoke, and Parmesan dip
- 5 cups spinach salad with grilled shrimp, bacon bits, toasted almonds, onion, roasted red peppers, and bacon vinaigrette dressing
- 2 homemade tuna cakes
- 25 minute workout video