Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Have Arrived

I received an email today with my very first offer to try a service for free. I was so touched! I know that it is basically just a great way for companies to get their names out there with free advertising via blogs, but it still meant something that I was deemed worthy to have such a proposition put forth to me.

I did decline. I looked on the website and got a good sense of what they were asking me to take part in before I made my decision. The particular online product which was being offered to me in the trial just didn’t feel like it was a good fit for me. It was not something that I would naturally gravitate towards and I didn’t think that I would be able to give a fair assessment of a service that did not genuinely draw my interest. The email they sent really was very nice though and it was a great feeling to be given that little bit of recognition.

Of course, I’m not a fool… If offers start coming in for me to try out new running shoes or workout clothes for free, chances are my poor readers will have to sit through a review or two!

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup fat free lemon chiffon yogurt with 1 cup Vector cereal
- 1 mug coconut steamed skim milk
- 3 tortilla chips with spinach, artichoke, and Parmesan dip
- 5 cups spinach salad with grilled shrimp, bacon bits, toasted almonds, onion, roasted red peppers, and bacon vinaigrette dressing
- 2 homemade tuna cakes

EXERCISE:
- 25 minute workout video

10 comments:

  1. :) congrats. I too have turned down offers for advertising/ reviews/ services that I didn't think were a good match. I think integrity is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soo cool :-) I would love to try out a new Garmin watch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for you! I am like you though, I have to want to try it. I sure wish I would have some workout clothes or shoe people ask me too! I certainly would put them to the test with my workouts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper! That's very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really exciting! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!

    Out of curiosity, did the online product rhyme with babit manger? I got an email from them as well and was leaning towards decline, as I felt that the online service wasn't really something I'd likely feel comfortable encouraging my readers to check out.

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far for me it has just been soup but I would like to get shoes or clothes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've turned down a couple of items, too. But if the Snuggie people ever come calling, I'm all over that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so weird to have something like that offered, but really nice at the same time.

    Yes, Hadley, that's who contacted me! I definitely agree with your assessment, but I still felt flattered to recieve the email.

    ReplyDelete

Tracker