Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Level Up!

Whew! I just finished Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred. I won’t lie: I’m pretty scared to see what Level 3 will be like.

When I completed Level 1 I felt like I had totally killed the workout; I thought that I was ready for whatever I would face in the next set of exercises. I was wrong and have definitely struggled over the last ten days to build myself up to the highest degree of intensity.

I would say that today I did it, but that the video very nearly killed me rather than vice versa. I paused the DVD for a few seconds a couple of times to make sure that I didn’t miss out on anything by pausing to catch my breath, and I had to take a really quick break in the middle of two of the harder plank exercises. I did, however, do everything with high energy and on the maximum difficult level. Overall, I’m pretty proud.

Like I said though, I am sort of dreading what Level 3 will bring. The one saving grace that I can think of right now is that at least I will be starting it back at the beginner’s stage and working my way up to the big, intense moves. I’m pretty sure that if I felt like I had to jump right into the maximum output stage that I would be ‘accidentally’ dropping the DVD off a ten story building tonight.

8 comments:

  1. Pausing the DVD to take a breath. What a concept!!! I would have done the all or nothing thinking...if I can't do it all perfectly then I just won't do it at all. Thanks for opening my mind to "balance"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work!! You did not give in & modified to you but did not let it define you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a question...how far would you have to go to find a ten story building lol.
    That'll tell you something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard a lot of good things about this DVD. And I've read about a lot of people who start it... very few who finish it. Presumably the DVD has a chainsaw and leaps out at you on a dark night when you least expect it?
    Not that I'm trying to discourage you -- really. I truly am impressed. GO you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. Now that reads as if I didn't expect you to finish the DVD. Let me be clear: I expect you to kick this DVD's ass. You've made an extremely impressive rate of progress toward your goals. You've got the determination to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still convinced that Jillian has it out for me! Cmoursler, there isn't a distance far enough to stop me... lol! Merry, I totally got what you were initially saying; no worries! Thanks for the pep talk though... I may come back and reread that when I am feeling the burn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so impressed. I have started that DVD 3 times and never make it past day 5 of Level 1!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job!! I am on level 1 and sometimes I feel like dieing.. I think I might be screwed.

    ReplyDelete

Tracker