Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weigh-In For Week 25

I’m down two pounds to an even 172. Meh. It’s not that I’m not happy to see the loss, it’s just that I was kind of mentally all over the map this week about how I’ve been doing and I feel like this weigh-in reflects the mediocrity I am worried has taken over. I can’t even settle on one particular viewpoint regarding how I believe things are progressing.

On the one hand, I feel like I have been working really hard and doing things right. I am staying on track with the exercise and the eating and making good decisions that I feel will help get me closer to my goals. But the other side of the argument I am having with myself leaves me wondering if I am becoming slightly complacent. I’m not sure that I have been pushing myself as hard as I once was, but rather simply doing what feels natural instead of challenging.

Now that I am done the 30 Day Shred, and have a bit more of an open schedule for workouts again, I think I will figure it out. I am hoping to take the weekend to get my head a bit more in order. I would like to believe that come Monday I will have formulated some type of plan to either get myself back going full force or to be more satisfied with the large amount of effort I am already putting forth.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the loss. Taking time to think and regroup is always a good idea. I think you're still doing great with a two-pound loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 1-2 lb loss per week is considered a normal healthy weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes you just have to be happy - look for the possitive and don't over analize

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great success for you! Don't over think it BUT, yes, put a plan together. Weight loss/maintenance is life long so there will always be something to think about, at least for me there is .. :-)

    As long as you stay consistent & don't give up, that is key! I think you will know what is right for you & what seems like the plan you can live with long term.. even if it changes along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments! I know that two pounds is good - I never said that it wasn't and, in fact, pointed out that the loss itself wasn't what was making me hesitate in my celebratory mood - but that doesn't change the fact that I feel like I haven't been giving my all. I just want to know that I am doing all I can, you know?!

    And, Anonymous from 6:23pm, I actually think that I generally do look for the positive and considered my post to be one that outlined exactly what is going right as well as what I need to work on. I don't think that giving something consideration is over-analyzing and I actually feel like this type of deep introspection has really served me well over these past months as I have worked to lose weight. I think the mental part of this journey is very important! I really appreciate you getting me to reconsider my thought process though; it never hurts to take a second look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, these anonymous commenters!?! You are very gracious and kind.

    I get what you're saying. I have come to know a 266 who will kick it up a notch if she's not feeling challenged. I believe in you.

    I am finding lower loss weeks myself. I am wondering if I'm losing less per week the closer I get to gaol. You've always lost, but there have been weeks when I haven't.

    You are sooo close!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think after a while it will start to feel natural...the reason it was such a push in the beginning was because it was new. It's not new anymore, it's normal.
    revel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both excellent points, Dawne and Cmoursler! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, this is so much like something I could have posted now. 2 pounds is great and yeah I think getting close to goal will bring slower reults.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2lbs is great. My trainer adjusts my workout every 4-6weeks...so mixing it up is a constant.

    ReplyDelete

Tracker