Monday, January 25, 2010

No Swimming Upstream Allowed

Wow! Apparently everyone wants the recipe I mentioned last night, so I am happy to oblige. I have to admit that I am nervous about posting it; like I said I had never really tried my hand at creating something like this prior to yesterday evening. I hope you all like it! Feel free to provide feedback if you actually attempt to cook these yourself, speaking of which I think I just may have to make them again today!

Tuna Cakes Recipe (A.K.A. Delish Squished Fish Disks)

1 cup zucchini, grated
1 Tb onion, chopped
1/4 garlic clove, minced
1 (6 oz) can of light tuna packed in water, drained
12 crumbled whole wheat saltine crackers
2 Tb light mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp pepper

Sauté the zucchini, onion, and garlic in a frying pan covered lightly with cooking spray for about five minutes. Mix the remaining ingredients together and add the sautéed vegetables. Combine well. Form into four patties and then brown in a large skillet covered lightly with cooking spray over a medium heat for three to five minutes. Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. I've never tried to make Tuna Cakes before, but I have to say I have some tuna in my pantry that may be in for a treat this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Looking forward to making it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great!

    (and I have looked into racing wheelchairs, WAAAAYYY out of my budget. But a great idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I may try these...I have some cans of tuna that I bought and don't know what to do with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect because right now I'm eating tuna straight out the can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im making these today as Im with the YUMYUCK and tend toward out of the can too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! Let me know what you think it you do try them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds yummy!! Will have to try

    ReplyDelete

Tracker