Thursday, January 28, 2010

Just Going Through The Motions

*Edit: I tried to post this last night, but it turned out that the internet in my area was being serviced so I couldn’t get online.*

I’m not sure what was up with me today. I was a bit disconnected to everything. I sort of felt as if I was reluctant to take on anything specific, but also like I was fidgety and bored.

This discontent leaked into my exercise and food a little too. I kept finding myself in the kitchen, hunting through the fridge this evening and I kind of flitted from snack to snack, not really completely satisfied with anything. I kept it under control though. Then when I was working out I knew that I was only going through the motions, but not putting any real effort into the moves. I just could not seem to muster up any energy or enthusiasm.

It really wasn’t a bad day. It was just one of those times when I was not operating at my best and couldn’t force myself to focus. I did it though. I made myself do all the things that needed doing and I suppose that makes it a pretty good day after all.

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 12 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with smoked deli ham, grated cheese, lettuce, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 2 miniature Mandarin oranges
- 2 cups cream of mushroom soup with pepper
- 1 slice sesame seed white toast with honey
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli and mushrooms with calorie-wise three cheese ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup fat free vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup fat free peach yogurt

EXERCISE:
- 40 minute walk
- 25 minute workout video

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a restless day, but it's so important that you went through with what you had to do and didn't overeat. This journey is about getting through the bad days well, not just the good ones, and I think you did a great job at that.

    I hope you cheer up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started "weight loss" blogging myself and came across your blog! And girl let me tell ya, I looked over to the right at your pictures! DAMN GIRL! you are really making some FINE progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I am feeling a bit more focused today, but we'll see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete

Tracker