Monday, January 18, 2010

It's Like Comparing Apples And Pears

A friend told me a couple of days ago that I have a very classic pear shape right now. I think this is a huge improvement over the apple shape I know I had at the start of this journey. Of course, we all want to work towards something a little more hourglass-like, but I was pretty satisfied with the remark.

We were having a great conversation about the weight I have lost and she continued on to say that she doesn't think I look much different in my upper body than she does (which is a massive compliment as she is quite petite in my eyes). She admitted that I still have work to do as far as my lower half goes, but that she doesn't necessarily feel like it is a weight loss issue at this point so much as a toning thing.

I love having a good friend who is so open and honest about these things! It helps me so much to have more than just my own thoughts on how I am progressing. I have found lately that my perspective is quite off when trying to assess what I look like in an objective manner, so these types of conversations are invaluable to me right now!

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean - I didn't realize how heavy I was and I don't always recognize how I look now. I will often ask my daughter to point out someone's body that looks like mine at the mall. I left you an award on my site...you can never have too many!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha - I have an award for you too! You are just a popular gal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a friend who can be honest with you...and in a loving way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and I love your mindset.
    and adore friends like that as well.

    few and far between to find people who really and truly care about us and want us to succeed.

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad it's not just me that enjoys the honesty factor! Dawne and Katie, thank you so much for the award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so glad to stop being an apple too! The pear shape does go eventually, it seems as if the fat stayed on my hips and thighs the longest. I don't care, at least it has gone (mostly) now!

    I know what you mean about not having a clear idea of our own body image, it takes a long time for the brain to catch up.

    You are doing so well, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker