Wow! Thank you so much, Sheilagh, for also deeming me worthy of the Happy 101 Award! I am so honoured – this is the fourth time this week that someone out there has thought to pass this great accolade onto me and I am truly touched. Thank you!
This evening the thought popped into my head that it would be nice to go for a jog. What?! I wasn’t really sure where that came from and I figured the moment of obvious lunacy would pass so I continued on with what I was doing. Then I thought about it again.
I told myself that I was being silly, that it was already dark, and that I was done working out for the day. I went and got myself a snack to distract the bizarre voice in my head that kept prattling on about wanting to go running through the streets, working up a sweat. After I finished my celery sticks I settled back into what I was working on, confident that I had sufficiently squelched the enthusiasm of my inner athlete. About twenty minutes later she was back.
Fine! I decided to do it. Why not, right? I’m not really sure where the sudden burst of energy came from or why my brain dialed in so specifically on going for a jog, but that’s what I did. I wore a long-sleeved white shirt to ensure my visibility and I was extra careful when crossing the streets. I’m pretty sure that everyone who saw me doing my extra slow paced run out in the freezing cold tonight must have seriously wondered about my sanity.
I have to admit... I am wondering about my sanity!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 9 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup low fat spiced apple yogurt
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, grated cheese, spinach, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 3 cups spinach salad with croutons, mushrooms, red pepper, dried cranberries, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 2 miniature Mandarin oranges
- 2 celery stalks with fat free rancher’s choice dressing
- 25 minute workout video
- 1 hour walk completed in 2 outings (both 30 minutes long)
- 30 minute jog, plus a 5 minute warm up walk and a 5 minute cool down walk