Monday, January 11, 2010

Shredded

Planks. May. Kill. Me.

I was feeling pretty cocky yesterday when I finished Level 1 (of 3) of the 30 Day Shred. I pushed myself and felt like I totally conquered it by that tenth workout and I looked forward with great anticipation to seeing what Level 2 would bring. I am no longer feeling quite so eager.

Ugh! Seriously, what did I ever do to Jillian Michaels to make her hate me so much?

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 7 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 egg, spinach, and feta panini sandwich
- 6 large pieces of a sushi roll with soy sauce
- 1 mug of peppermint steamed soy milk
- 1 sip of gingerbread steamed soy milk
- 3 cups Caesar salad with Parmesan cheese, croutons, pomegranate arils, and fat free dressing
- 5 whole wheat crackers

EXERCISE:
- 25 minute workout video

13 comments:

  1. I haven't done any Jillian Michaels' workouts yet. My friend is giving them to me this week. I am excited and a little bit scared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a great trainer! Congrats on making it through level 1 - good luck with the next phase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But doesn't pushing yourself to new limits feel so good?? Good luck with the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  4. planks entirely ENTIRELY kick my booty as well.

    ENTIRELY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am on level 1 so far and not looking forward to level 2. I know it is going to hurt but when I know I can do level 2 I will be happy like you then in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jillian kicks as*! I love pushing myself past limits I could not do before. It really feels good & powerful! Planks are awesome & so many ways to do them!

    You are strong & keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is hilarious! Congratulations on making it through the first level :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am on level one and like you... not looking forward to level 2!!! LOL I thought the same thing. How does she hate us so when we have never met her??
    She just knows what we can do beyond what we believe we can!! Good luck. I'll be about 19days behind you!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never completely finished Level 1 so I'm impressed!!
    I think I'm going to start back with it though.
    She's tuff but awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking about watching the Shred for 30 days and seeing how that went before actually doing any of the exercising. I think you should ease into these things...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm on level 1 and my friend who loaned me the DVD keeps asking me when I'm moving to level 2 and I'm like...."erm....30 days from now?" LOL
    I get scared just watching the preview and you see some of the moves you don't do in level 1 so only assume they are level 2&3 and oh boy!
    LOL Might try one time at level2 by the end of the week if my back is ok again! Congrats on graduating to level 2 though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't done her yet.
    I keep putting it off.
    I would rather do 20 miles on the elliptical at this point..then planks with jillian.
    I am a coward. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I plan on doing the 30 day shred after I'm done training for a 5K. I made it through Level 1 and 2 but it didn't come without some seriously sore legs:/

    Dee~

    ReplyDelete

Tracker