I had my first Belly Dancing For Fitness class tonight. It was fun although I felt like I had a bit of trouble keeping up with the rest of the people there. I chatted with the instructor about it afterwards and she reassured me that all woman tend to feel that way after their first class, but that she hadn’t noticed me struggling like I thought I was. She gave me an information sheet that explains how to break down each of the moves, so I will likely try to get a bit of practice in before next week’s session.
When we were talking I also mentioned the weight I have lost. I told her that sometimes I feel like I really know my body very well because I have been so focused on it during this journey, but that there are also a lot of times when I feel like I don’t know it at all because of how drastically it has changed in a relatively short amount of time. In today’s class for example, I occasionally felt like I was doing the wrong thing because I don’t know how to get my new body to move properly. It’s as if all of the parts of me are literally in different places and I have to really think about and concentrate on how to get them to react in the same ways that were simply second nature to me when I weighed 266 pounds.
Regardless of all the mental processes, I really did have a good time doing the belly dancing and am looking forward to going again next week. Hopefully by then I will have a touch more lift and drop control in my hips and a little extra shimmy in my soul.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup fat free raspberry yogurt with 1 cup almond Oatmeal Crisp cereal
- 1 wrap on a soft tortilla shell with deli ham, grated cheese, spinach, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1 coconut and apricot fruit rolled treat
- 1 slice honey mustard ham with mustard
- 2 1/2 cups sliced orange pepper and mushrooms with calorie-wise three cheese ranch dressing
- 25 minute workout video
- 1 hour belly dancing class