Ugh! I have been trying to fool myself all day, but there is no denying it… I am sick. I spent all of yesterday and today trying to half ignore it and half fight it off, but I guess I have to finally face the truth.
I absolutely hate being sick. I hate how run down I get and how irritated I can feel. I despise the aches and pains that go along with an illness and I really don’t like the way it takes me out of commission for accomplishing the things I need to do.
In all fairness, this is not a really bad sickness. I would wager it is far more likely to be a cold than a nasty flu. However, I still have a general sense of ickiness about me that I can’t wait to shake off. Being forced to pause by forces out of your control sucks, especially when you feel as geared up to go full out at getting things done as I do right now.
I wish I could just be better and not have to play the waiting game with this that I know is necessary. I know I’m whining a bit here, but I really do not want to be sick! I want to be well enough to go for long walks and give my full energy to more active workouts. I don’t want to feel like I am at the mercy of the food cravings that seem to accompany being ill as a means of seeking comfort. I don’t want to slow down!
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 wrap on a soft pesto tortilla shell with deli chicken breast, grated cheese, spinach, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1 cup of honey mustard glazed ham with mustard
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cups movie popcorn with butter
- 1 Mandarin orange
- 2 cups spinach salad with croutons, orange pepper, mushroom, dried cranberries, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 1 homemade lavender shortbread cookie
- 25 minute workout video