Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sick-o

Ugh! I have been trying to fool myself all day, but there is no denying it… I am sick. I spent all of yesterday and today trying to half ignore it and half fight it off, but I guess I have to finally face the truth.

I absolutely hate being sick. I hate how run down I get and how irritated I can feel. I despise the aches and pains that go along with an illness and I really don’t like the way it takes me out of commission for accomplishing the things I need to do.

In all fairness, this is not a really bad sickness. I would wager it is far more likely to be a cold than a nasty flu. However, I still have a general sense of ickiness about me that I can’t wait to shake off. Being forced to pause by forces out of your control sucks, especially when you feel as geared up to go full out at getting things done as I do right now.

I wish I could just be better and not have to play the waiting game with this that I know is necessary. I know I’m whining a bit here, but I really do not want to be sick! I want to be well enough to go for long walks and give my full energy to more active workouts. I don’t want to feel like I am at the mercy of the food cravings that seem to accompany being ill as a means of seeking comfort. I don’t want to slow down!

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 10 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 wrap on a soft pesto tortilla shell with deli chicken breast, grated cheese, spinach, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 1 cup of honey mustard glazed ham with mustard
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cups movie popcorn with butter
- 1 Mandarin orange
- 2 cups spinach salad with croutons, orange pepper, mushroom, dried cranberries, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing
- 1 homemade lavender shortbread cookie

EXERCISE:
- 25 minute workout video

12 comments:

  1. I hope you will feel better soon! Sometimes it is just our bodies' way to tell us to take a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon! I'm sick too and it's so hard not to see it as an excuse to hit the junk food! But I am not going to do that. Well done for being determined to stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon and slow down on the old exercise front!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SOOOO frustrating, especially when you have a lifestyle of exercising and trying to get weight off. It messes up the groove! LOL!

    That is a huge food trigger for me, tiredness and sickness. oy!

    Feel better soon soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel - I've been fighting a nasty cold for days, and it's finally gotten the better of me. My husband stayed home to take care of the kidlets so I can rest and get better.
    I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel as well. Being couped up in the house, feeling yucky is not pleasant but you do need to listen to your body. Be patient. Just try to get lots of rest. Being sick is a trigger for me as well. It's like we give ourselves permission to "have at it." Just recognize and try to comfort yourself with soups and teas.

    Feel better soon okay. You'll be back to your old self in no time.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I hope you feel better soon! Being sick sucks! I get the food cravings when I'm sick, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also find being ill so inconvenient and get a bit tetchy. It interferes with your plans and puts you behind with everything. Hope it doesn't last too long for you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. KUDOS on the water! I feel like that is the key to keeping everything going. And I know for a fact that I get less headaches when I hit my water goals. I'm raising a bottle of Pellegrino to you right now! CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. UGH, so sorry you feel this way! It is a mental game for sure & tests what we are trying to learn about ourselves & those triggers that get in the way of our successful weight loss. Another learning experience BUT you can get thru this! Yes, drink your water or hot tea to soothe you. Remember how far you have come, think about that & then make the right choices for food that is healthy for you & will make you better again!

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker