Friday, January 8, 2010

Shiny And New

I am feeling a lot more chipper than I was earlier. I’m not sure why, but I am not really questioning it either. I like being happy, so why complain?

I tried pomegranate arils for the very first time today! Yum, yum! Why have I never had these before? Texture wise, they are a little harder than I had thought they would be (they do contain seeds, after all), but they had a lovely grape-like coating that I really enjoyed. I will definitely be buying these in the future so thanks to everyone who keeps on mentioning them in their blogs… I finally took the advice and tried them and am so glad I did!

Oh, and I found a muscle this evening! I have always had fairly decent biceps, even if they were covered over by layers of fat, but tonight I discovered something new. Apparently I am developing the muscles that run from the tops of my shoulders to the middle of my upper arms. Are those my deltoids? I’m not even sure what I’ve been doing differently that might be sculpting them apart from the fact that I am about a quarter of the way through the 30 Day Shred. I’m more than happy to take the improvement though!

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 7 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 banana
- 1 wrap on a soft pesto tortilla shell with deli chicken breast, grated cheese, spinach, dried cranberries, fat free Miracle Whip, mustard, and pepper
- 2 cups chicken noodle soup
- 1 cup Apple Jacks cereal with 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 2 cups spinach salad with 1 crumpled wedge of light Laughing Cow, croutons, pomegranate arils, and calorie-wise Greek feta and oregano dressing

EXERCISE:
- 1 hour and 25 minute walk
- 25 minute workout video

11 comments:

  1. Great to hear u so upbeat...go with it I agree, don't question...

    I haven't tried them yet myself, yes in drinks or fruit salad but not on their own, while shopping earlier I saw them lying there but didn't feel the urge to reach out to them...maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started the 30 Day Shred and it is kicking my butt. I hurt in place I didn't know could hurt but that is good right?LOL Keep it up. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are doing better! I love the pomegrantates :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're feeling better!!! And that you found a coat, lol! I love pomegranates - my mom used to give them to me as a kid.
    Yay for muscles, lol! I just ordered the Shred from Amazon - I'm going to start it next week, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ours is not to reason why....just accept and enjoy. Glad you're feeling perkier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, pomegranates are awesome! I ran out of the ready-to-go ones from Costco, so I bought 2 actual pomegranates yesterday to support my new addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pomegranates in my salads! Love, love, love! Also, they add colour and even more anti-oxidants to fruit salad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yahoo for muscles!!!! If you are doing a lot of shoulder presses, side raises & even push-ups & such, you are working your delts, yes, the shoulders! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Recently found your blog via another! Congrats on the muscle finding! :) I've heard a lot of good things about that Shred video!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker