Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weigh-In For Week 24

I weighed in at an even 174 this morning. I’m happy with that!

I have exactly eight more pounds to lose before I hit the mark of having lost 100 pounds from my highest weight. This was back in mid-April of 2009 and I am confident that I will be seeing 166 sometime in February, so I will have done all that in less than a year. I am feeling pretty excited about this upcoming event!

I think that, for me, one of the keys to my weight loss success has been recognizing the smaller triumphs as I pass by the littler milestones. They allow me to avoid being overwhelmed by concentrating on a far off goal, and rather give me a chance to feel victorious – and, thus, to remain motivated – along the way. It’s important though to avoid the complacency that could potentially come with being too pleased with the progress being made. Ultimately, I don’t want to say that I have lost 100 pounds; I want to know that I met my end goal. However, I am glad that I am enjoying the ride along the way to my final destination!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are such an inspiration, I wish you could light that fire in me that I sense in you. Again, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your success. I'm sure you will be where you want to be in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You have done some amazing things in this last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful job. Bet you can't wait to see the century mark.
    You earned it.
    Much respect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I am sending inspiration and fire out to everyone right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8lbs is around the corner...I cant wait to celebrate this with you....
    *Keeping the champagne chilled*

    Good luck...am rooting for u.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! Can't wait to see the next photo! Well done, you are very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!! Nothings going to stop you now

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Congratulations! A true inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Tracker