I had a wonderful day! It was my birthday and a close friend asked to make me dinner to celebrate. She went out of her way to make all of my favourite dishes and a wonderful cake, plus I got to spend some really great quality time with her and the rest of her family which I absolutely loved!
I got a ton of phone calls wishing me a happy birthday from all of my friends and family too which completely made my day, and I was even spoiled to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers from another close friend when I came home this evening. The only bad thing was that I didn’t really get to see my hubby much at all today because our schedules just did not mesh. It was expected though and I am sure that we will have the chance to do something fun tomorrow to make up for it!
I know this isn’t really health related in any way, shape, or form, but I just felt like recapping my nice day tonight. It’s so easy to forget about some of the simple pleasures in life and I want to make sure that I remember this day for a long time. Tomorrow I will keep the drive to continue getting healthier more in the forefront of my mind. Today, I am perfectly content with just being me in every conceivable way.
FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 7 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 toasted whole wheat English muffin with light strawberry jam
- 1 banana
- 4 cups salad with ham, grated cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper, black olives, and honey mustard dressing
- 1 mug coconut steamed skim milk
- 1 small dark chocolate chip health cookie
- 2 slices honey mustard ham with mustard
- 1 cup cheese scallop potatoes
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup noodle and broccoli mix in cream sauce
- 1 slice homemade white bread with butter
- 2 miniature Mandarin oranges
- 1 piece angel food cake with chocolate whipped cream icing and strawberries
- 30 minute walk
- 25 minute workout video