Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

I had a wonderful day! It was my birthday and a close friend asked to make me dinner to celebrate. She went out of her way to make all of my favourite dishes and a wonderful cake, plus I got to spend some really great quality time with her and the rest of her family which I absolutely loved!

I got a ton of phone calls wishing me a happy birthday from all of my friends and family too which completely made my day, and I was even spoiled to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers from another close friend when I came home this evening. The only bad thing was that I didn’t really get to see my hubby much at all today because our schedules just did not mesh. It was expected though and I am sure that we will have the chance to do something fun tomorrow to make up for it!

I know this isn’t really health related in any way, shape, or form, but I just felt like recapping my nice day tonight. It’s so easy to forget about some of the simple pleasures in life and I want to make sure that I remember this day for a long time. Tomorrow I will keep the drive to continue getting healthier more in the forefront of my mind. Today, I am perfectly content with just being me in every conceivable way.

FOOD & BEVERAGES:
- 7 glasses of water throughout the day
- 1 toasted whole wheat English muffin with light strawberry jam
- 1 banana
- 4 cups salad with ham, grated cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper, black olives, and honey mustard dressing
- 1 mug coconut steamed skim milk
- 1 small dark chocolate chip health cookie
- 2 slices honey mustard ham with mustard
- 1 cup cheese scallop potatoes
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup noodle and broccoli mix in cream sauce
- 1 slice homemade white bread with butter
- 2 miniature Mandarin oranges
- 1 piece angel food cake with chocolate whipped cream icing and strawberries

EXERCISE:
- 30 minute walk
- 25 minute workout video

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely day, but kept moderation in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR 266
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

    HERE'S TO MANY MANY MORE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday :) What a nice way to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely celebration! What a gift you've given yourself this year! The 170's!!!! Happy, happy birthday! I'd sing if you could hear me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you!! You have had an amazing year and just think, this year will be even better.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday and congratulations on your loss! You are SUCH an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very happy birthday to you!!!! Did you think on your last birthday that you would weigh 90 POUNDS less this year?! What a great gift you've given yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday. I am inspired by "just being me in very conceivable way" Congratulations, and thanks for sharing. I needed to hear that too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, birthdays are for you & celebrating you! You have given yourself the gift of health too! I always just enjoy the way I want on my bday so glad you had such a wonderful one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday,

    Sounds like you had one of those special days you don't want to end:)

    So happy for you and congratulations on those numbers still tumbling away 90 pounds Gone is AMAZING.

    Can't wait to see next year's birthday figures;o)

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice birthday! It's important to keep it simple. I find that when my birthday expectations get too inflated, they are usually not met!
    BODA weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday! Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. well no i didn't...
    thought I did..
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    Glad you had a good one.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Thanks, everybody! Jenn, yeah, I never thought I'd lose so much by now! And Stephanie, I am actually right there with you. This year I wasn't expecting much and I ended up feeling much happier for it! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Tracker