Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Repercussions

I feel positively ill. And, no, it’s not because of me being sick. I feel like this because my body is no longer used to all the crap that I stuffed it with yesterday.

I feel slightly nauseous and my stomach is very rumbly. My energy is even lower than it was before I decided to cram all that food into my mouth. My tummy is even slightly distended and I have made the likelihood of a gain on the scale on Saturday almost a guarantee.

I am thinking positively, believe it or not. I was never aiming for perfection – who on Earth can live up to that?! – so I’m not going to count this as a failure. As long as I can learn from this experience I am actually further ahead in a way than I was before it happened. Hence, why I am making sure I record the horrible way I am feeling right now. Hopefully future potential episodes can be averted by looking back on this post and seeing how awful that amount of those types of foods make me feel.

I am sending all of the leftover snacky things that I bought yesterday into work with my husband. I am not craving them anymore, but I also don’t want to end up tempted by keeping them in the house. It’s time to get back to the new lifestyle I have worked so hard to create.

As a side note, I think it’s pretty funny that one of the definitions of ‘repercussion’ is ‘the state of being driven back by a resisting body’. I think that right now my own body is being pretty overt in its resistance to what I ate yesterday. It serves me right for serving me wrong!

11 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you are feeling. I've so been there, and fairly recently too. It's good that you are still looking on the positive side of things because there certainly are some positives to be gleaned from all this. First that you realize none of us is perfect and we all have our moments of slipping. Two that you recognized and recorded how eating that way made you feel. And three, picking up and moving on. Tomorrow is another day, and you will be so happy to be feeling back to normal from the healthier eating, appreciating it all the more.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling!! I ate a powdered donut yesterday morning and my body screamed NO all morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of it as a refeed-- keep your metabolism guessing :)

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that feeling too...I ate a peice of my mom's fudge at Christmas (didn't taste near as good as I remembered) and my body isn't a fan of sugar anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once we stop eating lots of this stuff, our tummy, yes, may react to it. The extra sodium or carbs or whatever it was can bloat you for sure. I think we all have been there. Sure makes us think twice next time. BUT, I still think that you learned from this & yes, you can pick & choose a treat, not multiple treats & be fine. Ya have ONE & just get back to it.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have a good handle on it all and none of use can be perfect! A couple of days of being back on track and that bloated feeling will be gone for again. Thinking of ya Britt! Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are aware that you don't have to be "perfect." None of us are and the more aware we are, the less inclined we will be to continue down the crap-eating path.

    It happened, you know why, you know what to do next time and you are moving on. Just that simple! I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bet you will feel better tomorrow. It took me one day of healthy eating and chugging water after my 5-day Christmas problem to feel great again. And I bet you didn't really enjoy that food as much as anticipated while you were eating it. You've been spoiled by healthy living!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Felt that way after Christmas eve,
    ugh....like a lump of crud in my stomach...absolutely nasty.
    Hope you feel better tomorrow and get the gunk all cleaned out.
    onward and downward.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right. Perfection is not attainable! I am so proud of you for being honest. Not only with 'us', but with yourself! I think I admire you more for messing up a bit and being honest, than I did when you were just the super girl losing weight without a gain....hope that makes you feel better ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Tracker